2017 Jeep Patriot
When Jeep first introduced the Patriot compact crossover, it was one of the first times that the iconic car brand offered a smaller version of its capable off-road SUVs. More economical in price, the Patriot immediately appealed to off-road enthusiasts who didn’t have the ability to purchase the more expensive Jeep brand vehicles.
Introduced for the 2007 model year, the Patriot was offered exclusively with four-wheel drive until a 4×2 option was added to the 2010 Patriot. Despite rumors and even plans by Jeep to nix the Patriot from its lineup, the thrifty compact crossover is still very much alive and well. The 2017 Jeep Patriot remains in the brand’s lineup today as the most affordable SUV in America. There is plenty to love about the latest version of the Patriot and even more reasons why it makes an exceptional family or commuter crossover option.
Taking your Jeep Patriot out on the trails can make for an exciting, if not exhilarating, time. As fun as off-roading is, it can also be dangerous without proper knowledge and execution. As the foremost authority on all things off-roading, Jeep understands how important it is to keep drivers and passengers safe both on the road, and on the trail. Everything about the 2017 Patriot was designed with the safety of passengers in mind, regardless of whether you plan to stay on the road, or venture off.
- Surrounded by Protection – The 2017 Patriot features six standard airbags that have been purposely placed throughout the cabin for safety assurance. The crossover was also designed with crush zones that work to absorb and disperse the energy from a collision away from passengers.
- Parkview Backup Camera – Despite what our kids might think, we actually do not have eyes in the back of our heads. With the optional Parkview rear back up camera in the 2017 Patriot, your kids won’t know the difference. Whether you are trying to navigate into a tight parking spot, or around a tree stump on the trail, this invaluable feature will keep you safe and your vehicle protected no matter what.
- Brake Assist – This optional feature applies maximum braking power when the system senses a “panic braking” situation. Having to slam on your brakes to avoid a collision isn’t something you ever want to do, but with Jeep’s Brake Assist feature, this situation can be met with added confidence and peace of mind.
- Electronic Roll Mitigation – As much as we wish it weren’t true, off-road SUVs tend to be more susceptible to rollover crashes. Jeep, the foremost authority in all things off-roading, not only realizes this fact – but has put systems in place so they don’t happen as often. The Electronic Roll Mitigation system on the 2017 Patriot utilizes advanced motion sensors that are able to detect when a rollover collision is imminent. The system automatically applies braking force to the correct wheels in order to reduce the likelihood of a rollover accident.
A Jeep wouldn’t be a “Jeep” without the incredible capability the iconic brand is best known for providing. The 2017 Patriot is no exception to this truth, which is why drivers who crave off-road adventure love the affordability of this compact crossover SUV. The latest Jeep Patriot has plenty to offer in terms of capability for those who prefer to take the road less traveled.
- Freedom Drive II – The most recent version of Jeep’s legendary four-wheel-drive system takes the cake in terms of off-road performance. Freedom Drive II offers everything that drivers love about Freedom Drive I, but takes it a step further with the addition of a locking off-road mode, grade-sensing features, and hill descent control. Off-road aficionados are falling in love with the enhanced crawl ratio for those extra rugged trails.
- Tow Hooks – What’s an off-road Jeep without heavy-duty forged steel tow hooks? The Patriot features this iconic and capable feature not only on the crossover’s front bumper but also on the rear. Perfect for towing, hauling, and getting out of trouble on the trails – the capability of the 2017 Patriot wouldn’t be complete without these practical tow hooks.
- All-Terrain Tires – Heading off-road is fun and all, but without proper tires, that fun can quickly turn into a nightmare. The Jeep Patriot offers all-terrain tires that grip sand and gravel as perfectly as paved roadways. Regardless of the weather, Jeep’s all-terrain tires ensure that you stay on the road (or off), exactly where you intend to.
- 2.4-liter I4 World Engine – The 4×4 system, tow hooks, and tires mean little without a powerful adversary underneath the hood. The available 2.4-liter I4 World Engine is the perfect way to round out the Patriot’s impressive capabilities. Boasting 172 horsepower and 165 lb.-ft. of torque, this powerblock is mated with a five-speed manual transmission or an available six-speed automatic with AutoStick.
The best part of the 2017 Patriot is that you are able to choose exactly the level of capability you want out of your Jeep. What’s better than that?
The capability and safety of the Jeep Patriot is incredible, no doubt. To complement both of these features, Jeep has designed the compact crossover to deliver the ultimate experience from behind the wheel. Passengers and drivers alike will enjoy every bit of the Patriot’s well-designed interior, as others on the road will marvel at its appealing exterior design.
Just because the Patriot is classified as a compact crossover doesn’t mean it lacks interior room for up to five passengers. The comfortable cabin is as inviting as it is practical. Featuring heated front seats for maximum comfort on colder days, passengers throughout the crossover’s cabin will stay cozy thanks to the automatic climate control system available on the newest Patriot. Plush leather-trimmed seating with a six-way power driver seat marries luxury and comfort perfectly. The driver can stay ultra-focused on the road or path ahead with steering wheel mounted audio controls capable of playing music, picking up incoming phone calls, and setting cruise control. Passengers will remain happy on even long road trips with the long list of UConnect system choices which include navigation, SiriusXM satellite radio, and more.
The more practical side of the Patriot includes 60/40 split-folding rear seats that reveal up to 53.5 cubic-feet of cargo volume ready to haul all of your gear on your next adventure. Never miss a beat while out on the trail or tailgating at your favorite stadium with fold-down liftgate speakers that turn any mundane get-together into a dance party. The available nine-speaker Boston Acoustics Premium Audio System are the perfect companion to any on or off-road adventure.
Aside from the roomy and comfortable interior, the exterior of the Patriot is a sight for sore eyes. A vision of strength, the Patriot’s exterior design speaks as much to families as it does to the young solo adventure-seeker.